[78-L] Seeking info on Nippon Columbia A1095

Rob Allen robertwallen2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 16:20:12 PST 2012

>Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 15:15:39 -0800 (PST)
>From: Ken Matheson <kenmath at yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: [78-L] Seeking info on Nippon Columbia A1095
>

>Columbia A-1095 is; Kyo Wa Tanoshi Nichiyobi,
>By; Term Amagi, Kosiji Fubuki, Minami Yuko,
>Urashima Kato, and Akashi Teruko. Recorded
>In Feb. 1951.
>Flip side; Toragari No Uta, by Koshiji Fubuki.
>Last names first. Sorry my kanji is not too good.
>
>Victor V 40303, P-1583 is Ie Lai Shan, By
>Yamaguchi Yoshiko. Recorded in Jan. 1950.
>Flip is also Yamaguchi Yoshiko. May have been
>recorded earlier in Taiwan, before the war end.
>Note; Yamaguchi Yoshiko appeared in the US
>Movie The Manchurian Candidate.
>
>These records probably were sold in the PXs
>in Japan in the 50s.
>Ken

Many thanks, Ken!  Where did you find this information? Some online source that I wasn't able to locate, or a print reference?

You're right, my father would probably have bought these records at a PX in Japan. He was stationed at Itami airbase near Osaka for a while.

Thanks also to those who replied about the defaced logos on these records. It's unfortunate that people thought that was a good idea at the time.

Rob