[78-L] Largest issued set/series on 78rpm?

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Dec 27 10:10:33 PST 2011

From: "Sam Hopper" <samhopper at mail.com>
> Can anyone shed some light on what might have been the largest single issued set/series on 78rpm?
> A forum has been discussing this without much of a solution...
>  Anyone got any better examples?
>  http://www.78rpmcommunity.com/forums/topic/50/what-s-the-largest-set-of-78rp/view/post_id/222
> SAM

Thanks for noting this here.  I just posted this reply:
"Because the original post included "series" such as as well as a single
musical work, my nomination is the Lecture Series issued by (British)
Columbia for the International Education Society in the 1930s and still
completely in print into the 1950s.  It reached 100 Lectures on 198
discs -- 396 sides."

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com