[78-L] Largest issued set/series on 78rpm?

Benno Häupl goldenbough at arcor.de
Tue Dec 27 10:05:03 PST 2011

.
The UNESCO collection of ethnic field recordings, published in 1951 by Constantin Brailoiu
encompasses 63 or 64 records (cannot check right now).
It's called 'Collection Universelle de Musique Populaire' and is available as a CD set:

http://www.ville-ge.ch/meg/musinfo_ph.php
http://www.drs.ch/www/de/drs/sendungen/musik-der-welt/2704.sh10181100.html

Otherwise, comes to mind, the set pubished by the "Phonogrammarchiv der Universität Zürich",
entitled "Stimmen der Heimat" (i.e. Voices from the homeland"), published 1939.
Recordings in German, French, Italian, Romansh.  100 copies pressed.

I was able to get a complete set 2 months ago on eBay for a mere $50. And the Zurich
Phonogrammarchiv, when I contacted them for more information, sent me the original 1939
accompanying book free of charge, because they remembered they had a handful of unsold
copies left on a shelf!

Benno