[78-L] The THIRD Jazz Singer being released.

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 13 20:23:56 PST 2011

I can remember vividly how the entire family sat through the Lewis version with
jaws dropping at the blackface ending. I always thought he atoned for it a
couple of years later on that Saturday night variety series he did, when Sammy
Davis Jr. came on and they began a soft-shoe version of "Me and My Shadow" and
Lewis somehow became the shadow.

dl