[78-L] fake stereo

Randy Watts rew1014 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 10 10:46:56 PST 2011

Some rechanneled stereo folds down to mono reasonably well and some doesn't. If all they did was emphasize the treble in one channel and the bass in other, you can often get listenable results, albeit usually with extra reverb. Other processes--not so much. Capitol's "Duophonic" process is pretty much hopeless. At least I've never been able to get the things to sound like mono. Same with RCA Victor's process.

Randy