[78-L] Early studio singers - question

Mike Daley mikedaley at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 09:32:14 PST 2011

Did studio singers like Arthur Collins, Billy Murray and Ada Jones read from the sheet music or did they learn the songs that they recorded by rote?

For that matter, does anyone have any insight into whether later popular singers like Sinatra read music notation?

Thanks for any assistance.

Mike Daley