[78-L] posting 78rpm records on YouTube - help!

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Mon Dec 5 08:44:23 PST 2011

According to Ickypedia:

The Orchard is a New York City based digital distribution and entertainment services company that works with independent artists and labels, and content providers. The company was started in 1997 by Richard Gottehrer and Scott Cohen.
It focuses on distribution and marketing of digitized music, video, and new media to online music retailers, advertising firms, and music and film agencies, and caters to numerous well-known independent artists and labels such as Daptone Records Barsuk, Nuclear Blast, and Daptone. The company has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Nashville, London, Barcelona, Berlin, and various other countries around summing to representation in 25 regions around the world.
The Orchard bought TVT Records in a bidding war over the bankrupt label.[1] Most recently, the company has announced a distribution partnership with Amie Street and Wynton Marsalis. [2]
On October 14, 2009, the Orchard filed a lawsuit[3] against online music and social networking giant imeem, claiming that the company hosted some of the label's recently-acquired TVT Records titles without the label's permission. Imeem faced up to $150,000 in fines for each infraction. Imeem had been struggling under its ad-supported model, so though the company felt that it had a case, it could neither afford to fight the case nor to pay any resulting fines should it lose. Thus, as one imeem executive stated, the Orchard case was "definitely the final nail" [4] in the demise of imeem, which was bought out by and absorbed into MySpace Music on December 8, 2009.

What they have to do with Jimmie Rodgers is beyond my comprehension.

Cary Ginell