[78-L] VINCE GIORDANO SCHEDULE (AND CONGRATULATIONS ON THE GRAMMY NOMINATION!)

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 4 15:16:02 PST 2011

Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks

December 2011 ~ January 2012

This year we have a lot to be thankful for…

"Boardwalk Empire: Volume 1" CD has been nominated for a Grammy for best
compilation soundtrack for visual media.

Thank you to the Recording Academy for recognizing our work on "Boardwalk
Empire: Volume 1".

Celebrate Sol Yaged’s 89th Birthday week!

Monday, December 5th
Tuesday, December 6th
AND MONDAYS & TUESDAYS THROUGH DECEMBER & JANUARY
8:00pm - 11:00pm
Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks
Eleven-piece band playing music of the 1920s & '30s
for your dining and dancing pleasure -
Sofia's Restaurant
(Downstairs) Club Cache adjacent to the Edison Hotel
221 W. 46th Street (between Broadway & 8th Avenue), New York, NY
$15. cash cover charge at the door + $15. food/drink minimum
Reservations call: 212.719.5799 - doors open at 7:00pm

Saturday, December 17th
3:00pm - 6:00pm
Holiday Tea at Three
with
Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks
Eleven-piece band playing music of the 1920s & '30s
There will be plenty of room to dance and have a cup of warm tea while shopping
and sightseeing.
Open to the public – free of charge!
Park Avenue Plaza - Atrium
55 East 52nd Street (between Madison & Park Avenue), New York, NY
Sponsored by Chartwell Booksellers and dedicated to the memory of Frank Driggs.

Saturday, January 7th / 8pm
Sunday, January 8th / 2pm & 7pm
Monday, January 9th / 2pm & 8pm
92nd Street Y presents Lyrics & Lyricists
MAKIN' WHOOPEE:
Walter Donaldson, Gus Kahn and the Jazz Age
ROBERT KIMBALL, Artistic Director
Donaldson & Kahn were a songwriting powerhouse in the ‘20s and ‘30s. When
they paired up, the hits poured out: “Yes Sir, That's My Baby,” “Love Me
or Leave Me,” "Makin’ Whoopee” and dozens more. Robert Kimball honors the
men who gave the Roaring Twenties its soundtrack with vintage big band Vince
Giordano & The Nighthawks providing authentic sizzling-‘20s arrangements.
For the most up to date schedule of L&L shows, visit: www.92Y.org/Lyrics
www.92Y.org 1395 Lexington Avenue, New York City

If you would like to order our CDs –
I have these CD's available at $17. Each including postage within USA:

*
1. Quality Shout
2. Cheek to Cheek
3. Cotton Club Revisited
4. The Aviator – Movie Soundtrack
5. Its D'Lovely – music of Cole Porter
6. Moonlight Serenade – Big Band Hits
7. Boardwalk Empire - Volume One: Music from the HBO Original Series

***

Send orders to: Vince Giordano, 1316 Elm Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11230
Checks and PayPal accepted. Please make checks payable to "Vince Giordano"
Please indicate clearly which CD's you are ordering, along with the quantity.
To order CDs through PayPal: vincegiordano at optonline.net

Here are some NEW write-ups about our
NEW Boardwalk Empire CD and our gig at Sofia’s!
To open the http: CTRL + click to follow link
Artist Direct
http://tinyurl.com/3u37atp

Blog Critics
http://tinyurl.com/44mga6t
Huffington Post
http://tinyurl.com/4y7ody9

Daily Record
http://tinyurl.com/3rsg84h

Atlantic City Weekly
http://tinyurl.com/3w7zxal

Jade Sphinx Blog
http://tinyurl.com/3d59ala

Voice of America
http://tinyurl.com/3n43wcq

Here are a couple of stellar reviews that came out in July!

The Underground Boogie
Wall Street Journal
By WILL FRIEDWALD Vince Giordano is Hollywood's go-to guy whenever someone is
needed to authentically re-create vintage jazz or pop music—as you can hear, ...
http://tinyurl.com/3t3doml

Vince Giordano: Yesterday Man
JazzTimes Magazine
Dancers are swaying and sashaying in elegant ballroom fashion as
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks beat out another hot-jazz gem. ...
http://tinyurl.com/3gy46xl

We had a great time in April at TCM Film Festival in Hollywood…
Watch this Pod-Cast~
http://vimeo.com/23188371

Or read some of the reviews~

http://tinyurl.com/3sret7e
http://tinyurl.com/45xyhwv
http://tinyurl.com/3nxrptf

Here's a write-up in the New Jersey STAR LEDGER by Tris McCall...
http://tinyurl.com/4jm3qlh

Check out this great blog by Michael Steinman -
http://jazzlives.wordpress.com