[78-L] Leo Strockoff question

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 30 06:55:25 PST 2011

Thanks to both Andrew and Christopher. My reason for asking was that I've
listed a lacquer disc of Strokoff/Strockoff (I've seen both) playing some Bach,
and it didn't sound like a dub from an ancient 78 but I couldn't tell what its
source might have been. The date on the disc is June 19, 1946, which could mean
a dubbing date or an actual recording date, since he lived to 1957. Here's the
link.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/200682748109

I also have a Mischa Mischakoff aircheck listed (pardon the plug).
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/200682748801

dl