[78-L] Unusually long 78RPM sides

John Wright vintage at jabw.demon.co.uk
Fri Nov 25 08:58:25 PST 2011

Did this thread ever mention the British Four-in-One label? Those 10 inch
records had four recordings, two each side, of about 3 minutes each, so a
good six minutes per side.

There's an example on my current podcast #149. Two recordings by Terence
McGovern's band:

Same Old Moon (Rose, Baskette) Terry McGovern and his band, with vocal trio.
Recorded 8 November 1932. Four-in-One 14

After Tonight We Say Goodnight (Towers, Leon) Terry McGovern and his band,
vocal Eddie Pola. Recorded 8 November 1932. Four-in-One 14

(6 minutes together)

http://www.r2ok.co.uk/dancebandshow.htm

While we're at it does anyone else agree the vocalist is Eddie Pola?

John