[78-L] [ToNY] What the...??

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Nov 21 09:22:43 PST 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [78-L] [ToNY] What the...??
From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, November 21, 2011 12:07 pm
To: ToastOfNewYork at yahoogroups.com, '78-L Mail List'
<78-l at klickitat.78online.com>

> A test pressing by Flexo? (Yes folks, try FLEXO today! F-L-E-X-O, in 6
> delicious flavors.)

Flexo was pressing 16-inch ETs for Brunswick in the early to mid-30s.  I
have one I got from Les Zeiger decades ago.  The red labels used on
Brunswick ETs at that time have info that says that the purple records
are acetate -- those are the Flexos -- and the black records are
shellac.  These labels are also seen on 12-inch pressings.  These are
paper labels, of course, not printed labels like this one.

I have a really odd pressing of a Charlie Spivak mid 40s Victor side, on
what
looks like a x-ray. As soon as I find it, you can be sure it'll go up on
eBay.

Are you sure it is a pressing and not a cutting on x-ray film which was
widely done in Eastern Europe.

(Watch for my cheesecake Christmas LP sometime today..Tijuana Christmas
on gold
vinyl, with a picture of a shayner maidel pressed in the plastic.) dl

I came across a copy of this album yesterday -- in regular black
sorta-vinyl.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com