[78-L] HRS duplicated numbers

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Nov 20 19:22:22 PST 2011

That definitely clears it up once and for all. Er..sorta. Clyde H. Clark was a
familiar name to Toronto jazz fans in the 50s, although I'm not sure exactly
what he did (I know who to ask)..a regular feature on Phil MacKellar's "Jazz
Unlimited" program on CJBC was "Clyde H. Clark's Jazz Band Ball". (Theme: At
The Jazz Band Ball, Muggsy Spanier)

The discs I have are

HRS 1003: DJANGO'S JUMP/LOW COTTON (both composed by Rex Stewart)
HRS 1004: NIGHT WIND (Billy Taylor)/SOLID ROCK (Rex Stewart)

Per Rust, the original titles are MONTMARTE/LOW COTTON and FINESSE/SOLID OLD
MAN, But Rust also says that I KNOW THAT YOU KNOW appeared on HRS 1004 (not on
the disc I have here) and again on HRS 1026.

dl