[78-L] audio "restoration" question

bradc944 at comcast.net bradc944 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 20 18:37:22 PST 2011

I just transferred Will Bradley's "Celery Stalks at Midnight". Even though I was sorely tempted to 'fix' the engineer's knob-twiddling, I let it stand as-is (including the premature cutoff of the low trombone at the end). I don't use comp-limiters (hate them)... but I do notice some 'pumping' at times. I'll try and keep an ear open for that on any future transfer work.

In the meantime, I'm playing with ClickRepair and I am really loving it, much more so than the internal routines in CoolEdit Pro. It has much less tendency to gnarl up horn passages (or 'dirty tone' playing like Benny Goodman when he growls his clarinet at times) than CEPro does. I really like it and am going to spend the $35 on <click>.......

Brad