[78-L] audio "restoration" question

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Nov 20 18:31:35 PST 2011

Limiting, compression AND stupidity. Unfortunately it's been applied to old TV
shows and movies on DVD, and it's turned up on "professional" CD issues..the
Helen Kane disc I did for Living Era is full of those defects as well as
gurgling, scraping, incompletely removed pops some strange underwater effects.
(Not executed by anyone on this list, I can assure you.)

dl