[78-L] i-phone horn amplifier

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Nov 19 12:24:36 PST 2011

From: Mike Daley <mikedaley at gmail.com>
> Then there's Michael Cumella's (he of the Antique Phonograph Program on
> WFMU) iPhonograph:   http://www.michaelcumella.com/ip/

In the early 20s there were a number of devices which enabled radio
users to attach their headphones to their phonograph tone arm.  They
didn't supply the horn -- you used the one already on your phonograph.
This one is similar, and instead of using the small Gem-size horn he
supplies, you could put the nipple of the plastic device onto your
phonograph arm after removing the reproducer.

This is MUCH too expensive the way he sells it with a horn and computer
program to put phonograph movies onto your phone.  Cute, but expensive.
But in the video we can see what he is using as a connector. Unlike most
of the other devices which use a hard plastic that is sized to fit ONLY
an iphone, his is round and flexible that should be able to fit onto my
non-iphone phone.  It should be easy to find something like this in a
hardware store for maybe a couple of bucks.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com