[78-L] Twins separated at birth?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 15 14:19:26 PST 2011

It was originally an animated film, matter of fact, around 1943. I think I have
it somewhere. Victor Jory's was the first recording, in 1945, and Columbia
bought the master and reissued it on 78s and an early lp around 1949, and
recoupled it with Peter and the Wolf on 12 inch. Tons of echo added by that
time. Danny Kaye's version is much better known in England..I presume Jory's
never came out over there.

The thought of Dwight Fiske doing it is frightening..all that sneering and
lisping..scary!

dl