[78-L] Twins separated at birth?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 15 05:38:51 PST 2011

Good old Tubby. I had that when I was barely old enough to dribble on a record,
much less play it (that copy is still intact). I got a real blast a few years
ago when I found a mint VINYL pressing of it in Cleveland. That was the one I
used on a CD reissue for Naxos AudioBooks. The Danny Kaye version just doesn't
come near it..far too fey, for one thing, as well as read at a breakneck speed
(and cut at 76RPM) to squeeze it onto two twelve-inch sides.

dl