[78-L] 78-L Digest, Vol 38, Issue 25

Scott scott at mosaicrecords.com
Mon Nov 14 12:24:24 PST 2011

From: Michael Shoshani <mshoshani at sbcglobal.net>
I hope this all means well for Mosaic, and that you can add Decca,
Mercury, and other labels with historic jazz material alongside the
content you have from the Sony Music catalogue.

Michael Shoshani
Chicago

Actually we have been using Universal owned material like our Louis Decca
1934-46 set, the Ahmad Jamal Argo material, and Oscar Peterson Clef sessions
1951-3. The tough part now is getting a hold of metal since it is now at the
Library of Congress and most, if not all, of the boxes haven't been properly
itemized and shelved yet. This means our Chick Webb set due out next Spring
will come mostly from shellac.

Scott Wenzel
Mosaic Records