[78-L] Late Cal Steward 1919 re-recordings

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Nov 12 16:46:48 PST 2011

Rerecordings..aaargh! A record I'd had and pretty much destroyed as a kid was
Billy Murray's "Mother Hasn't Spoke to Father Since". I found it on an auction
list and was infuriated to discover that it was a remake and just didn't have
the same energy as the original.

Beware of remakes also on Julian Rose's "Levinsky at the Wedding"..the later
version of one side was made after Prohibition came in.

dl