[78-L] Universal gets EMI

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Nov 11 18:13:50 PST 2011

From: Anthony Pavick <pavukanton at gmail.com>
> Cameo/ Parkway is owned by Allen Klien. He has been very stingy in putting
> out any of it, but the 4 CD C/P box issue via his ABKCO records was quite nice
http://www.amazon.com/Cameo-Parkway-1957-1967-Various-Artists/dp/B00081U6IW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1321062643&sr=8-2

I recently got the CD issue of John Zacherlie's two Parkway LPs and it
was very well done.  I understand that the CP floodgates are starting to
open.  If that is true I am all for INDEPENDENCE and stubbornness which
is probably what kept it from being gobbled up like all the other small
rock labels.

Is Stan Kenton's label still liberated from Capitol?

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com