[78-L] Universal gets EMI

Anthony Pavick pavukanton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 15:05:38 PST 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 10:23 PM, David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>wrote:

> I knew about Aladdin, since Blue Note has reissued their stuff..didn't know
> about the others.
>
> On 11/11/2011 4:55 PM, Rockined1 wrote:
> >
> > not to mention Roulette ( Rama Gee End Gone)
> > Colpix/Dimension
> > Jubilee/Josie
> > Modern/RPM/Crown/Flair
> > Laurie/Rust
> > Aladdin
> >

> > Capitol which owns Blue Note, United Artists,
> > Imperial, Liberty and my brain hurts
> >
> How does London belong to WEA if it's always been part of English Decca?

Roger Ames who ran London in an independent manner under Polygram took it
WMG (WEA) when he left for Warners. It was there for quite a while, at
least as far as pop catalogue went (Fine Young Cannibals, Bananarama et
al). But I do see it went back to Universal in 2010, but it looks like some
stuff stayed at WEA. So we are both partially right.

I thought that all the Goldner labels like Roulette went to Rhino and then
to WEA.

Why do I feel there will soon be just one record label