[78-L] Decca - Polydor

Anthony Pavick pavukanton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 17:39:59 PST 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 1:19 AM, Michael Biel <mbiel at mbiel.com> wrote:

> Well, yeah, but if you can find an actual black label regular issue you
> have platinum.  There were a couple thousands of pink label DJ copies
> sent out and maybe a couple hundred actually sold.  I've seen many pink
> label copies and only one black label copy.

And you stand a very good chance of any pink label promo copy being a
counterfeit. It ranks right up there with some of the VeeJay 45s and the
VeeJay Introducing the Beatles lp as a prime target for fraud.

For a real treat go for a Compo-pressed Canadian Decca 45 of My Bonnie:

http://www.capitol6000.com/decca.html