[78-L] Regal vs Columbia (and Western Swing?)

David London jusmee123 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 18:44:57 PST 2011

I think I read somewhere that Regal was owned by Columbia, and was a budget
label.

I just came across a Regal label recording of Roy Evan's - Weary Yodelin'
Blues (Pts 1 & 2).  However I see a youtube video of it on Columbia label
when I search.  So did they re-release it on the budget Regal label after
initial sales on Columbia label declined?

Also, I was surprised when I enjoyed this record, as yodelling isn't
normally something I like.  A search lead me to this
http://www.venerablemusic.com/catalog/TitleDetails.asp?TitleID=10990   and
I learned something completely new about music :) i.e. Western Swing.  I
never knew it existed!