[78-L] Moving 78s 2800 miles/ 4500 km without breaking the suckers

bradc944 at comcast.net bradc944 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 9 12:42:42 PST 2011

When I moved from Idaho to Denver years ago, I used milk crates for the 78s. I packed them into the mini-camper shell in the back of my 3/4-ton ford pickup, in at least three layers, but I made sure that they were packed tight, and used old thick sleeping bags between layers (and on the pickup bed floor). All the LPs went by commercial-movers, as did most of the playback equipment. Didn't lose a disc :)

Brad