[78-L] Double-sided Zon-O-Phone

Craig Ventresco craigventresco at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 09:30:49 PST 2011

I believe that there is not one instance of a double faced zonophone also
having been issued on Victor...Zonophone recorded scores of popular
songs--both vocal and instrumental--that Victor never touched. Their
records tend to sound looser than the Victors and the artists always seem
happier to me...for what that observation is worth. The collector of double
feced Zonophones will be rewarded by the many wonderful selections to be
found only on that label (including a great record by the Zonophone
Orchestra of Joplin's Wall st rag....