[78-L] Grandfather of Jazz Guitar?

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Mon Nov 7 18:45:17 PST 2011

He was a great guitarist and did record a few instrumentals in the early
20s...but he and Brunswick learned that his singing would sell more records!

Around 1975,  I was at a Joe Venuti gig here in Seattle...at the wonderful
old Marine Room in the Olympic Hotel,.  Nick Lucas was in the audience and
Joe brought him up on stage to sing one song.  It was an odd pick....I Left
My Heart In San Francisco...but Lucas,  who was nearly 80,  really did it up
right.

Taylor