[78-L] NULLING VERTICAL COMPONENT - was: stereo/mono and noise reduction

Mark Durenberger Mark4 at durenberger.com
Mon Nov 7 18:18:26 PST 2011

Uhhmm...I'm not sure it's good to jumper most cartridge outputs together.

What I find works well is to install a proper combining pad for the outputs
of the preamp; set the preamp gain controls so the output is approximately
equal with 'Left-channel-only' and 'Right-channel-only tones'......THEN put
on the L-R test cut and trim one of the preamp gain controls for minimum
output.  With a properly tracking cartridge and decent test disc you'll get
a great null.

Regards,

Mark Durenberger