[78-L] Libero de Luca 78 on HMV

Matthew Duncan recordgeek334578 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 6 06:15:22 PST 2011

Hi all,

I have recently acquired a ''His Master's Voice'' 78 by Libero de Luca and was wondering if anyone could offer information on where and when it was recorded.

The disc is HMV HE 618 on green label with gold text.

The text around the top of the label is in French but the rest of the company information is in English with the main music information being in French.

First side is ''Peppina Bella'' with matrix number OZA 428.

Other side is ''La Ticinella'' with matrix number OZA 566.

I no very little about this singer other than he performed in opera during the 40s across Europe.

I would appreciate further information.

Thanks,
Matthew.