[78-L] Panic..or myth? (Hey, it was 73 years ago tonight, too)

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 1 06:33:11 PDT 2011

Today we have channel surfers and they are not a new phenomenon of the TV era (cf "Twisting the Dials" by Hare & Jones - now we have some 78 content, too!)

What *ELSE* might have the dial twisters of October 31 1938 have heard at that time?
We've established NBC's superiority and CBS as the also-ran at that time slot, but what about other networks (Mutual?) or local stations?  I know a lot of the small power stations signed off at dark, and if you had a decent radio there were a lot of clear channel stations available at that time of night, particularly east of the Mississippi.

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.