[78-L] Tinkle-Tonkle Town

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Wed Oct 26 13:51:23 PDT 2011

I just came across a delightful Bluebird set, (BC 21), of Tinkle-Tonkle Town, written and performed by Alice Remsen.  According to any biographical information I can find, she was born in November of 1896 and is still alive.  It's a story with songs and sound effects accompanied by piano and organ.  These records show no sign of having been touched by a stylus in the 72 years since this set was released and they would be perfect except for the fact that Side one appears to be a dub.  I have never heard of this album before but I was surprised to find that Sides one and two only, (of six), have been remastered by Graham Newton and were being offered on an on-line auction.  These records, along with others that I have, are Bluebirds with 3 digit numbers and neither any on-line discography that I can find nor Stephen Barr's dating guide include 3 digit Bluebirds

db