[78-L] Delicious moments - Virgina O'Brien

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Mon Oct 24 12:49:21 PDT 2011

"One-trick pony" - that's a good explanation, but not new to me.
What puzzles me is that many directors didn't see what Roy Del Ruth saw
in "Du Barry Was A Lady": that O'Brien had all the talents, not just her
dead-pan face. Compare with some other clips from her career where she
moves nothing but her lips and her eyebrows.
What a waste! Her combination of meticulous acting, elegant movement,
humour and a far above average actress' voice was worth millions.
Damn those babies that Dave Weiner mentioned in another post. And the
silly directors.
Kristjan