[78-L] True in Sound, was Cassettes

Milan P Milovanovic milanpmilovanovic4 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 17:12:17 PDT 2011

Dear David and all the members of 78online list,

it is true that there are differences when signal or passages are recorded
at -20db, -40db, and -60db onto CD, and later restored to full level. But
how about when signal is recorded the straight to the lacquer (or even
processed to ordinary vinyl record) or to the master tape and then restored
to max level? We will also hear some master tape noise or hiss or also some
other noise originated from cutting the master lacquer, right. It will be
included in original signal, right?

All the best,
Milan