[78-L] True in Sound, was Cassettes

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 21 14:24:25 PDT 2011

I wonder if Mr. Burnham has any insight as to why commercially recorded
classical music on CBC 2 sounds as if it's been put through an echo chamber and
the highs boosted to ear splitting levels..or if there's a policy in place to
program only those CDs that are unnaturally strident. Compare 94.1 with 94.5
(WNED-FM, Buffalo) and the difference is amazing. I also have no problems with
the audio quality on that idiotic so-called classical station in Toronto (I
have problems with the announcers, the commercials and the music, but not with
the audio).

dl