[78-L] The audio casette is making a comback

bradc944 at comcast.net bradc944 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 20 17:52:13 PDT 2011

Kind Sirrah Mr Lennick:

While I have a Nakamichi sitting around here somewhere (faulty logic control board), I find that my Kenwood KX-5530 with auto-reverse-that-actually-works is more than suitable for any cassette transfers-to-be-made.

Reel? Different story :) Love it, esp. the 2-track stuff. My Otari craves 2-track goodness, in the good, moral way :) Even crap Ampex dubs of pre-recorded tapes can be made to sound good.

Non-sequitor: I was at my local library today, and guess what I found? A Naxos Nostalgia CD of "Greatest Hits of 1930". And who did the transfers? Some chappie by the name of David Lennick. Brilliant liner notes, by the way, and EXCELLENT discog info. I'll be using that as my standard from now on. Haven't changed needles in the crank-up CD player yet, maybe later tonight I shall sample the audio goodness.

BC