[78-L] question about wavering pitch on pre-matrix Victors

Doug Pomeroy audiofixer at verizon.net
Tue Oct 18 17:43:00 PDT 2011

Mike,

I have been testing the new program made by Celemony, called CAPSTAN,
and have found that it does a remarkable job of correcting drifting
pitch in
most cases.  I'm told that two short before/after samples, which they
processed
for me, will be played in the Clemony/Melodyne booth at the AES
Convention
this weekend.  (Capstan costs $4500 and requires a computer with 64-bit
architecture.)

Doug Pomeroy
POMEROY AUDIO
Audio Restoration & Mastering Services