[78-L] RIP Pete Rugolo

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue Oct 18 16:26:51 PDT 2011

Jeff,

Am I correct in assuming that Rugolo did the charts for the MGM records
where his band backs up Billy Eckstine?

It may not be for every taste,  but the Eckstine-Rugolo version of   "I
Apologize" is one of my all-time favorite records...I love the arrangement
with the oboe,  and what sounds like about fifty violins...maybe it borders
on the melodramatic but it sure works for me.

When Mr. B gets to "Give me back your glance,  give me back romance...give
me one more chance...forGIVE me!"  I believe every word!

Taylor