[78-L] Romeo 1490 - who art thou?

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sat Oct 15 12:01:08 PDT 2011

I just looked at my copy and there is nothing else in the dead wax on either
side except for the matrix numbers.

Does anyone else have a copy like Julian's?

No  doubt the "Lloyd Dayton" side is a Kirkeby as  he is listed as
co-composer.

Nice,  nice trumpet all through...mostly open horn but a short muted passage
as well.  Purvis is also my guess...if it is he,  I like him in this mode
more than in the labored "jazzy"  style on his Okehs...he didn't need to be
"Copyin' Louis" as he had his own individual way of playing,  when he chose
to relax.

Taylor