[78-L] Cold storage of 78s

bradc944 at comcast.net bradc944 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 14 12:54:47 PDT 2011

I've lost a couple of lacquers (but they were pretty suspect before I moved here to Denver), but have had pretty good survival rate with storing the 78s in the garage here. I do try to mitigate the temp differences (it's an attached but unheated 2-car garage) as best I can, even something as simple as towels or sleeping-bags draped over the racks helps.

What I *have* noticed, however, is if you have any discs that are cracked, especially earlier discs, the cracks may widen with temperature change. Those you may have to bring inside into 'special storage'.

Brad