[78-L] It's not only Ken Burns who get it wrong, or what is the obsession with Dave Brubeck?

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Oct 8 09:30:40 PDT 2011

The Buddy Holly Story is full of this sort of anachronistic stuff.
The same goes for a film made that was to be the story of The Monkees
which showed their records as being on a label that was blue and
white, whereas the Colgems label was red and white.

One Ken Burn's docu-thing that got on my nerves was Empire of The
Air: The Men Who Made Radio. The lack of any mention of Nikolai Tesla
or Heinrich Hertz was bad enough. The reminiscence of some of the
contributors was enough to make my skin crawl. Particularly grating
was the commentary by Garrison Keillor where he spoke in overblown
terms and tone of voice of the radio having this "huge glowing dial".
Of course not being a fan of GK at all, this only made him seem more
like a buffoon in my eyes