[78-L] It's not only Ken Burns who get it wrong, or what is the obsession with Dave Brubeck?

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Sat Oct 8 09:11:39 PDT 2011

Of course, if you want anachronistic music on a grander scale, look no further than "Bonnie and Clyde," whose score featured bluegrass, not created until a decade after the time frame of the film, and "The Sting,' which took place in 1936, when ragtime was all but dead and swing was king. Both films are now indelibly association with the wrongfully inserted scores - they worked, but would appropriate period music have worked better?

Cary Ginell