[78-L] Annie's Cousin Fanny

Michael Shoshani mshoshani at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 5 06:32:17 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-10-05 at 09:26 -0400, David Lennick wrote:

> As for Decca reissuing
> the Brunswick take, how could they? Decca got the artists, but not access to
> pre-1932 masters until the early 40s, and never to any of the post-1931
> material.

Oh, that's right. Silly me, I forgot that Decca didn't get Brunswick
until something like 1940. The Decca versions...versionS, turns out that
the song was done TWICE for Decca....were issued in 1934 and 1935. For
some reason I have it in my head that Brunswick, Vocalion, and Decca
were in the same stable back then and could have just exchanged masters.
I forget that B and V were ARC and Decca was just getting its foot in
the auto-changer back then.