[78-L] Back Beat Boogie

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 30 10:59:48 PDT 2011

I have some questions about Back Beat Boogie by Harry James. I heard
it on one of the shows saved in the 'NBC Complete Broadcast Day -- D
Day' archival files and was impressed with the direct link in style
to what would become rock'n'roll.

I managed to dig up a 78 of it and have questions. Is Columbia 35356
(mx.LA 2054) the first issue of the Harry James recording. One reason
I ask is the fact that the label says 'A Jazz Masterwork'. I haven't
seen that designation on anything before, so is my pressing a re-issue?

Any background on the recording would be nice