[78-L] It's One-Hit Wonder Day! (must be some 78s that qualify)

Tim Brooks tbroo2 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 19:55:37 PDT 2011

Hello all,

I noticed this thread but unless I missed it no one seems to have mentioned the many examples on early 78s and cylinders, from James I. Lent and Mrs. Hardin Burnley to Gallagher & Shean, Lupe Velez... and many more. I once wrote a rather sarcastic article about this called "One Hit Wonders of the Acoustic Era - And a Few Beyond". You can see the list here, in case anyone is interested:
http://www.timbrooks.net/histrecordind/onehit.cfm

Perhaps someone could add to the list (or contest the choices)