[78-L] Slightly Off-Topic: Odd Victor/Nipper Artifact

bruce78rpm at comcast.net bruce78rpm at comcast.net
Sun Sep 4 10:07:55 PDT 2011

What a CRATE! Find !!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregg Kimball" <gdkimball at cox.net>
To: 78-l at 78online.com
Sent: Sunday, September 4, 2011 12:31:12 PM
Subject: [78-L] Slightly Off-Topic: Odd Victor/Nipper Artifact

Hi all,

I went junking last week and found a few interesting records, but also bought something I'd never seen before. As I was paying for a Bluebird (Roy Hall and His Blue Ridge Entertainers), the fellow that owned the place pointed to a place high on the wall and said " are you interested in that?"

The piece in question was the side of a crate used to ship a Victrola. It has a large Victor logo, the obligatory "This End Up," and a stamp from the company in Vermont that made the crate.

Anyone else seen one of these? Any way to date them?

Gregg Kimball