[78-L] Slightly Off-Topic: Odd Victor/Nipper Artifact

Gregg Kimball gdkimball at cox.net
Sun Sep 4 09:31:12 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I went junking last week and found a few interesting records, but also bought something I'd never seen before. As I was paying for a Bluebird (Roy Hall and His Blue Ridge Entertainers), the fellow that owned the place pointed to a place high on the wall and said " are you interested in that?"

The piece in question was the side of a crate used to ship a Victrola.  It has a large Victor logo, the obligatory "This End Up," and a stamp from the company in Vermont that made the crate.

Anyone else seen one of these?  Any way to date them?

Gregg Kimball