[78-L] Paul Specht/Lou Calabrese discovery

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Wed Aug 31 20:33:53 PDT 2011

In the last 2 years I have been working on a biography of my wife's
grandfather, Lou Breese (Calabrese). I have been accumulating data in
hitches and bumps. About a year ago, we were pleasantly surprised when a
scrap book of news clips and pictures surfaced after going lost for
almost 5 years. That was exciting enough. Today we received 2 more, one
of them dealing with Lou's Paul Specht days. It is full of theater
programs, news clips, pictures of Lou with bandsmen during the 1926
British tour, a dance card from the Trinity College Ball, June 22, 1926.
There are several ship's programs, one going and the other returning.
There is a radio script for a show from Buffalo Theater October 8, 1934.
Here are 2 gems:
I have saved them in the files because they get reduced in resolution if
I  put them in the photos section and you may want to zoom in on the faces.
If you can name some of them that would be grand.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.