[78-L] record cabinet?

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Aug 29 12:32:26 PDT 2011

On 8/29/2011 5:00 AM, Erwin Kluwer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have actually quite a lot of pre 1906 sleeves;
>

> 1902 G&T celebrity sleeves of the early Caruso/Battistini/ Tamgano/Marconi
> records. (picture/title, etc)
>
> 1902 and 1903 Zonopgone sleeves with artist and title
>
> Berliner sleeves with artists and titles... etc, etc
>
> Erwin

These are not American sleeves, I suppose, except perhaps the Marconi
sleeve which would be 1907.  All of the examples I have seen from Milan
and South America with pictures on them seem to date from later in the
decade, like 1908 or 09.  Zonophone and Berliner were names which were
still in use later in the first decade in some countries, but if these
are PRINTED sleeves for early records that were out of the catalog very
early, that would be more datable in the pre-1906 era,especially if they
are for 7-inch discs.  The hard Victor sleeves for Tomango and Melba are
1906.

I would like to see photos/scans of the one you are discussing.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com