[78-L] Folded Decca album

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Aug 23 17:36:21 PDT 2011

On 8/23/2011 12:15 PM, Cary Ginell wrote:
> I have one in this format by hillbilly fiddler Clayton McMichen ("Old Time Fiddlin' Pieces" - No. 66, includes discs De 2647, 2648, 2649). A scan of the cover of this set was used in Mike Biel's 2010 New Orleans presentation on "Pre-Steinweiss Illustrated Album Covers."
>
> Cary Ginell

I have been meaning to tell you that a couple of months ago I discovered
that I had a copy of that album all along!  I found it shelved in a part
of the main room in the basement that I usually don't get to when I was
looking for something I knew was back there.  It was with a bunch of
stuff I got about 5 years ago and just shelved.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com