[78-L] Skokiaan was: London -- Made in England?

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Aug 19 21:12:33 PDT 2011

On 8/19/2011 7:12 PM, Mark Bardenwerper wrote:
> On 8/19/2011 9:05, Han Enderman wrote:
>> I have label images of 1491 stating Made In U.S.A.
>>

> Can you imagine people risking their lives in sub infested waters to
> bring them here?

There were still sub infested waters in 1954??!!!  Didn't anyone tell
them that the ended nine years earlier??!!  Were they like the Japanese
soldiers still hiding out in the jungle covered hills of some South
Pacific island?  But how did the subs get re-supplied?

Back into reality on this topic, my copy is a U.S. pressing, an RCA
Victor pressing with obvious RCA masters, an Indianapolis pressing, I
seem to recall, dull label, and pressed on that wonderfully quiet
shellac RCA was using at that time.  I LOVE their rendition of In The
Mood.  It ranks up there with Ray Stevens' Hen House Five Plus Two!  I
posted about this record when I got it two or three years ago.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com