[78-L] Big Broadcast of 1937 tests

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Fri Aug 19 06:45:29 PDT 2011

I have a private collector friend who showed me four test pressings of music from "Big Broadcast of 1937" and wanted to know if these had been documented before. I found nothing in the new Benny Goodman supplemental discography by David Jessup. The tests have plain white labels and include the following:

You Came to My Rescue - Benny Goodman Band

Here's Love in Your Eyes - Benny Goodman Band

Big Broadcast Opening - Boris Morros Orchestra

Intro to "Your Minstrel Man" - Boris Morros Orchestra

Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Cary